Point of Pines, situated 5 miles north of Revere Beach’s Wonderland on the north shore of the Bay, was designed by Copeland and Dole, New York architects for the Point of Pines Attraction Company. Aldrich and Shea, builders of Wonderland, had nearly 200 men working on the park during the spring of 1907 getting it ready for its summer opening. The park’s boardwalk was over a half mile in length, and at the end of the point was located the Chutes and several other attractions. In the center of the park were the Court of Honor and an immense lagoon. The buildings facing the lagoon had minarets, domes, and other features copied from Grecian, Roman and Byzantine architecture. There was also a pony track, a circus ring, fountains, and floral displays between the structures. The park featured a scenic railway over 1000 feet in length, an ocean salt-water bathing pool, a mammoth lighthouse, dancing pavilion, a large open air theater, another smaller theater, a carousel, and several other attractions. Concessionaires planned to spend an additional $200,000 for their rides and food concessions. Shows included Fighting the Flames where fireman extinguished flames in a block of burning buildings, and a wild-west extravaganza.
View of Point of Pines
The park’s easy access from the Boston area via a five-cent trolley ride had a potential audience of a million visitors, and as many as three million visitors for those willing to spend twenty cents for transportation. Apparently the company encountered finiancial difficulties and transferred their lease to the Hub Amusement Company, whose president was George W. Tomasso of New York City. While they announced that would complete the park, they too ran into financial problems. When they stopped work just two weeks before opening, the unpaid laborers marched on the company's Boston office and demanded payment. Nothing appears in the newspapers to indicate the amusement park ever opened.
Hotel facilities at Point of Pines